Awnings - Warranties
Every Aristocrat Awning comes with Craft-Bilt's exceptional, "Best-in-the-Industry" Limited
Lifetime, Transferable Frame Warranty and 12 Year Fabric Warranty
on Craft-Bilt Northport 685 Series fabrics.
Manufacturer’s Limited Lifetime Transferable Warranty
Craft-Bilt® Manufacturing Company
Shade Products: Retractable Awnings, Canopies and Solar Shades
The following parts are covered for the lifetime that the product remains as originally installed should they become unserviceable due to a manufacturing defect:
- Awnings: front profile, torsion bar, roller tube, tray, hood and cassette
- Retractable Canopies: extruded aluminum supports
- Solar shades: cassette, roller tube, drop bars and tracks
12 YEARS NON PRO-RATED
The following parts are covered for twelve (12) years from the date of sale should they become unserviceable due to a manufacturing defect:
- Awnings: arms, shoulders, mounting brackets and assembly brackets
- Retractable Canopies: cast aluminum brackets and plates
- Solar shades: cables, rods, mounting brackets and end caps
12 YEARS PRO-RATED
Northport Series Fabrics are covered for twelve (12) years from the date of sale if the fabric becomes unserviceable due to a manufacturing defect resulting in color or strength loss during normal usage and exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew and atmospheric chemicals as follows:
- In the first eight (8) years at 100%
- During the ninth (9th) year at the then-current selling price, less a 30% discount
- During the tenth (10th) through twelfth (12th) year at the then-current selling price, less a 15% discount
Other fabrics are covered in accordance with the warranty offered by the fabric manufacturer. Replacement fabric is warranted under the remaining term of the original warranty. Gore Tenara® sewing thread and ultrasonic welded and glued seams will not be damaged by sunlight or water for the life of the fabric warranty.
The following parts are covered for five (5) years from the date of sale should they become unserviceable due to a
- Motors, gears and electronic controls including switches, connectors, remote control devices and sensors; trolleys and pulleys
- Paint finish is covered for manufacturing defects that cause the part to become unserviceable due to cracking or peeling paint.
Paint chalking in excess of a rating of six (6) as measured using ASTM D4214-07 procedures is covered for three (3) years from the date of sale.
What is covered?
This warranty, if applicable, is limited at the manufacturer’s discretion to the repair or replacement of fabric,
hardware, systems, and in-factory manufacturing labor costs, free of charge. Craft-Bilt’s liability is expressly
limited to this warranty.
What is not covered?
- Shipping and on-site labor costs associated with replacement of warranted parts
- Damage resulting
from the following: 1) improper installation; 2) wind; 3) the accumulation
of rain, water
or weight loads on the fabric; 4) exposure to salt spray or water from pool or spa; 5) atmospheric
chemicals; 6) acts of nature, fire, accident or similar hazards; 7) unauthorized repairs, modifications or
- Dents, scratches, corrosion, oxidation, rust, chipping or peeling
of painted finish or weathering that results
from normal use or wear and tear
- Any wear, discoloration, or damage from roller tube center supports or cassette seam supports
- Products that have been removed or moved from their original location by a non authorized Craft-Bilt Dealer
- Failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance to prevent an accumulation of dirt, debris, staining or mildew
- Deterioration due to improper installation, abuse, negligence, vandalism, burns, misuse or improper use and care
How to Obtain Warranty Service
Purchaser must retain the dated contract, invoice or purchase order for this warranty to be valid. If it appears within the warranty period that the shade product does not meet the warranty, the purchaser should contact the dealer from whom the product was purchased. The dealer or an authorized representative of that dealer must be permitted to inspect the product to determine whether or not the components are defective and covered by this warranty. Alternatively, the purchaser may contact the manufacturer directly at Craft-Bilt Manufacturing Co., 53 Souderton-Hatfield Pike, Souderton PA 18964 or at email@example.com.
to Transfer Warranty
This warranty is transferable to the subsequent owner of the property identified in the warranty provided that the product remains as originally installed. Send notice via certified mail of transfer of property ownership with 60 days to Craft-Bilt Manufacturing Company Warranty Department, 53 Souderton-Hatfield Pike, Souderton, PA 18964. Failure to notify will relieve the manufacturer of any further obligation under this warranty. Transfer of warranty may occur only once. The warranty period on all components for the second owner is for the remainder of the original warranty. Include warranty registration number, new homeowners’ names, date of awning purchase, and name of company from whom product was purchased.
NO OTHER WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WRITTEN OR ORAL, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ARE GIVEN OR HEREIN EXPRESSED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE FOLLOWING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. WARRANTY LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS: No implied statutory warranty or implied statutory warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose shall apply beyond the aforementioned warranty periods. The manufacturer shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage that arises from the use or the inability to use the products. Under no circumstances, whether as a result of breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort, strict liability or otherwise, will Craft-Bilt be liable for incidental, exemplary, special or consequential damages.